Answered By: Kate Britt Last Updated: Apr 24, 2018 Views: 1
Searching the MLaw Catalog
To find a thesis/dissertation in the MLaw Library Catalog, use the "Advanced Search" option.
- Search by Title or Author (Last Name, First Name)
- Search by keyword: (e.g., S.J.D. & Michigan)
- Search by subject "Academic theses"
Digital Dissertations through the University Library Catalog
The U-M Library provides access to several databases that house dissertations.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses @ University of Michigan describes most dissertations filed at University of Michigan, with full text for most since 1990.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses @ CIC Institutions describes dissertations and some master theses filed at CIC/Big Ten universities, with full text for most since 1997.
- ProQuest Dissertations & Theses provides descriptions, sometimes with full text, of doctoral dissertations & master theses from US, UK, Canada, Ireland, etc.
University of Michigan and Big Ten Dissertations in Print
Dissertations written by University of Michigan doctoral students since 1930 are available from the Buhr shelving facility in both paper and microfilm formats. Items shelved at Buhr can be paged at the graduate library circulation department or by using the on-line Buhr request form.
Dissertations written at Big Ten institutions since 1997 are available in full-text, free of charge at the Uborrow database website.
Items paged from Buhr will not be sent directly to the Law Library. Patrons will have to pick them up at the Graduate Library. Items can also be obtained directly by going to Buhr shelving facility in person.
Buhr Remote Shelving Facility
837 Greene Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-3297
(734) 763-9089 (p)
Hours: M-F 10 AM - 4:30 PM
Non-U of M Dissertations
Dissertation Express is a service from ProQuest that allows U of M faculty, staff, and students to purchase and obtain a copy of a doctoral dissertation within 3-5 business days. Cost is $38 per dissertation for PDF copies, which are available for immediate download. Unbound copies are $39 before tax and shipping.
For more information, contact the Interlibrary Loan Office
106 North Hatcher Library North
913 S. University Avenue
Ann Arbor MI 48109
Phone: (734) 764-8584
Dissertations may be purchased from ProQuest directly on the Dissertation Express website.