Answered By: Kate Britt Last Updated: Apr 20, 2018 Views: 0
Restatements of the law exist for the following subjects:
- suretyship and guarantee
- conflict of laws
- foreign relations
- unfair competition
To find Restatements
- Search the MLaw Catalog for a complete list of Restatements available.
- HeinOnline American Law Institute Library includes full-text current and archival Restatements.
- Lexis Advance includes the full text of several Restatements.
- Westlaw has the full text of many Restatements and Principles of the Law under Secondary Sources.
- See Chapter 18, § D of Fundamentals of Legal Research by Steven Barkan, et al (Ref Coll - KF240 .J3 2015) for complete discussion of restatements
Refer to A Guide to the American Law Institute Publications looseleaf for a catalog of current Restatements.
The American Institute Archive Publications (MICRO-10 S209) includes tentative drafts, proposed final drafts, the adopted Restatements and previously unreleased confidential documents.
If you are looking for cases or articles that cite Restatements, consult the following: