Answered By: Kate Britt Last Updated: Apr 09, 2018 Views: 53
The MLaw Library provides MLaw students with access to the major legal databases (Westlaw, Lexis Advance, and Bloomberg Law), but each company decides exactly when graduating law students lose access to their legal databases, as well as whether access continues over the summer for continuing law students.
For spring 2018 MLaw graduates, here is what you can expect:
- Bloomberg Law: Graduates will have Bloomberg Law access for six (6) months following graduation.
- Lexis Advance: Graduates will get continued access to their Law School ID; you will get a graduation gift to continue your Lexis access through 2018. Graduates are welcome to use these research IDs however you choose (unless your employer tells you to use a corporate Lexis ID for billing purposes).
- Westlaw: Graduates have access to Thomson Reuters’ products, including Westlaw and Practical Law, for six (6) months after graduation. Your “Grad Elite” access gives you 60 hours of usage on these products per month to gain understanding, build research skills, and study for the bar, but they are not to be used in situations where you are billing a client.
- In addition, graduates will have access to job searching databases on Westlaw and TWEN for 18 months after graduation for 1 hour per month.
- Graduates will need to log into www.lawschool.westlaw.com to extend their access.
MLaw students who will return for the Fall 2018 semester will not lose access to their Law School Lexis, Westlaw, and Bloomberg accounts during the summer months.
Contact your Reps with Questions About Access (or anything else)
- Westlaw: Mollie Benson at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lexis: Liz Arnkoff at email@example.com
- Bloomberg Law: Isis Filipek at firstname.lastname@example.org