Answered By: Kate Britt Last Updated: Jan 05, 2018 Views: 16
West Study Aids is an electronic database of commercial study aids and outlines offered by West Academic. The service allows users to access popular study aids from a wide range of topical areas. Study aids can be found by law school year, by subject, or by series.
Popular study aids available through West Study Aids include:
- Nutshell series
- Acing series
- Black Letter outlines
This is a stand-alone product not connected to your Westlaw account which means you will need to create an account to begin accessing all the features of West Study Aids. In order to create an account, users MUST be within the Law School network (i.e., you must physically be located in a Law School building).
To create an account follow these steps:
- On the Law Library's homepage select "e-Resources" from just below the catalog box
- Then select West Study Aids from the List of Major e-Resources on the next landing page
- If you already have an account, select "Sign In" from the upper right hand corner of the WSA homepage
- If you do not have an account, select "Create an Account" instead
- In the form, enter your affiliation, address, name, E-mail address, and create a password
You should receive an E-mail that says your account has been approved. Then, you're all set! Your account will be created shortly and you should soon have full access to WSA. Please note that accounts need to be verified and so there may be a small delay between registration and obtaining full access.
**If you need assistance accessing West Study Aids, creating an account, or finding materials, please contact the Law Library.
Call us at 734-764-9324
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails are answered by Librarians between 8AM and 5PM, Monday-Friday
Visit us at the Reference Desk on Sub-1 for immediate in-person assistance.
Chat With Us!
Find a Specific Book or Database
Looking for a specific book, journal, database, or electronic resource? Search the Law Library catalog by keyword, title, subject, and more.