Answered By: Kate Britt
Last Updated: Mar 03, 2022     Views: 22

There are both federal and state trademark registration schemes. State trademark registration is often handled by the respective Secretary of State.

Federal registration is with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. 

Michigan registration is through the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs.

  • The LARA website has information about Michigan law governing trademarks, service marks, insignias, and tradenames.
  • The site includes a list of registered trademarks and application forms.


See also: Specialized Legal Research (Ref Coll KF240 .S6912x), Chapter 11 "Federal Patent and Trademark Law."

Related Topics

Chat With Us!

Find a Specific Book or Database

Looking for a specific book, journal, database, or electronic resource? Search the Law Library catalog by keyword, title, subject, and more.